A photo of the French village of Pozières taken 28 August 1916 during the Battle of the Somme. The photo is taken from south of the Albert-Bapaume road looking north through the remains of the back gardens. The remains of an Australian trench are in the immediate foreground. The German concrete strongpoint, known as “Gibraltar”, is visible on the horizon to the right.
- justanotherww1 reblogged this from lord-kitschener
- daradbrad reblogged this from splintercellconviction
- nightbringer24 reblogged this from splintercellconviction
- splintercellconviction reblogged this from lord-kitschener
- ask-anya-the-russian-mare likes this
- lord-kitschener reblogged this from bachrodi
- bachrodi posted this